Julie tagged me on a meme last week, and the rules are these: Give 8 random facts about yourself, then tag 8 more people to do the same thing. Here we go!
1. A while back I cleaned out an aged Altoids tin and started carrying it around in my purse as a knitting notions kit – it holds tapestry needles, stitch holders, cable needles, even a tape measure. But now that I do more bussing and cycling, I divide my travel knitting between a couple of different bags/backpacks, so I am on the hunt for more such things. For some reason Altoids and their ilk are more readily available in the U.S., so I went on the hunt for similar items while in New York last week. (Below: Hershey mini “truffle” chocolates; and Altoids gum)
2. I have an inexplicable fascination and fondness for the W newtork show Rescue Mediums, and was totally miffed when they moved it to Fridays at 11pm instead of Fridays at 8pm or whenever it was. I have absolutely no desire to debate over whether the show is real or not, I just think it’s fun and I like the happy endings with the homeowners. Also, they film in Ontario and often hit small towns that I’m familiar with.
3. Even though I like clothes and like looking slightly dressed up, I am not a very good shopper and have gotten into a possibly-too-comfortable graduate student routine of wearing jeans and sweaters most days. Also, I have size 11 feet and shoe shopping is never, ever, EVER a fun experience. Most of the time size 11 doesn’t even exist in the styles that I want and I get exhausted and frustrated just thinking about it.
4. In my fantasy life in my head, I write mystery novels and knit and own a yarn shop.
(This is the current progress on my Log Cabin blanket. I’m finally on to the 8th panel and then will begin the loooooonnnnnnggg 2-colour 9th panel that turns the whole thing into a rectangle.)
5. I can speak German fluently, or at least I could – 10 years ago I lived in Freiburg, Germany, on a study abroad year and could speak well enough that no one assumed I was Canadian. I’d like to go back some time.
6. I am chronically single.
(I know the truth. Beatrice just wants me for my warm spot.)
7. If it wasn’t for knitting podcasts, I probably wouldn’t get out for jogging/exercising. In fact, I got behind on Stash and Burn episodes earlier this month because I was a lazy slacker and didn’t go running for 2 weeks. I need more podcasts.
8. I stash chocolate. This is nowhere near a rival for my yarn stash, of course, but I always like to have some around, preferably something dark. If there is a room that I spend time in on a daily basis, there is probably some chocolate in it. In fact, there is some in my purse right now. Whenever I’m in the U.S. I look for things like Special Dark Hershey’s Kisses, or dark chocolate M&Ms, or Trader Joe’s chocolate, that we can’t get up here. I particularly like the Hershey’s Kisses because you can just have two or three. I don’t need a whole chocolate bar every day, just a wee bit of chocolatey goodness with my tea
Ta-da! I hope that was suitably random and interesting at the same time.