Aside from struggling with course syllabi and the very idea of stringing together multiple productive thoughts, I am:
1. Very much in denial that it is already September.
2. Still knitting the same freaking Jaywalkers I started as my Sock Summit travelling socks. It’s not their fault, the darling things are very pretty (Lorna’s Laces in ‘Mixed Berries’), they’ve just kept getting shoved to the bottom of the knit list.
3. Knitting away furiously on things which are not yet bloggable, but which soon shall be and the anticipation is killing me.
4. Now using Flickr Pro. After two bandwidth freakouts on my Photobucket account (which is two too many when each one involves re-building all photo links from scratch), I am migrating over to Flickr and am officially paying to blog. I think the Sock Summit posts must have done me in. However, the cost is worth it to save headaches and revive Flickr connections over there. (Also, makes re-ordering my Moo cards and composing photo mosaics lots easier, so bonus).
5. Still spinning. Witness the Louet Corriedale (top?) I plucked from my fledgling fibre stash, so beautiful and accommodating:
I love it. I only just started spinning on it yesterday in a brief session but yes, I am loving the Corriedale, very much indeed so. It’s soft(ish) and grabby at the same time and does not mind speed at all, and yet I am trying very hard not to go too fast so as to better maintain consistency of short draw technique.
6. Learning how to use vocabulary like “short draw.”
7. Looking forward to the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitter’s Fair.
8. Wishing I was knitting right now.