1. It turns out that after just five months of extremely intermittent effort, you too can get a finished pair of socks. (These ones are in Socks That Rock in ‘Tlingit’, one of the darker raven-inspired color-ways.)
2. Also it occurs to me that I did most of the knitting on these socks while sitting in movie theatres (yep, it can be done! your hands know what they’re doing), including Argo, The Hobbit, Skyfall, and even Much Ado About Nothing back at the Toronto Film Festival in September, which tells you just how long ago I started these.
3. I think the message in all of this is that I need to get out to more movies.
4. The nice thing about knitting is that it doesn’t rise up from its heap in the middle of the night and threaten to strangle you out of sheer neglect.
5. I’m glad the same thing is true of my yarn, because damn have I got a big stash, and I’m glad it’s there waiting for me to pick out a new skein of yarn to start my next pair of socks.
Happy Friday, everyone! Knit something awesome this weekend.
[ETA: Folks, if you ever see me knitting a ribbed sock pattern, I will guarantee you it is this one. It's free, and you're welcome to knit it if you like.]