Does anyone have answers?
1. If you had 2 packages of cream cheese in your fridge, what would you make with them? (Besides cream cheese icing. My brain needs new suggestions.) [EDIT]: And would your suggestion change if whipping cream were added to the equation? Because I have that too.
2. Is it wrong that I am planning to cast on a 2nd fair-isle sweater while still working on Venezia?
3. Further to #2, how many sweater projects is too many? Because I have startitis like burning, and so much procrastination just waiting to get out.
4. In my next set of Korknisse (Korknisses?) I am planning a colour-palette theme. Reds/Oranges, or Blues/Purples?
5. Exactly what proportion of YouTube is filled with clips from ‘So You Think You Can Dance’? I’m guessing upwards of 80%. ;)
The geographer and the knitter in me are both piqued by this new development: KnitMap.
It’s in beta-testing at the moment, but the gist of it is that this is an online yarn-store-finder, to help you answer those questions about, “I’m going to be a tourist in [insert city here] and I want to visit a yarn shop near [insert location], does anybody know where I should go?” I have to go do more checking out myself, but generally? I think this is all of the awesome. Yes, let’s have a global knitter’s map, please. Go sign up! Start registering your favourite yarn shops! Find yarn shops you never knew existed!
A little while back I signed up for the 2nd wave Clapotis knit-a-long, which “officially” starts September 24th. I’ve never made a Clapotis, but I’m convinced now that it’s worth a shot for the versatility and beauty. Mine will be knit in Patons SWS…just as soon as I can cast something off and make room for it ;) Um, how fast can I finish that Log Cabin blanket?
In other news, today I feel like complete crud, nicely timed on the day I kept as a stay-in-Hamilton-and-write day. Do I have your permission, oh blogosphere, to lie on the couch and clutch my knitting and sip juice? Because I think that’s what I’m going to do. Bleah.
Oh yeah – apparently it’s Talk Like a Pirate Day again. Heh. Where be my yarrrrrn?