Oh, packing. I thought I had conquered you. Look, I even made nice “outfit” piles, packing sweaters & jeans & tees together so as to make dressing in the morning that much easier. But some things, some things are still perplexing me. To bring or not to bring?
1. Laptop. Pros: ability to do work or blogging at a moment’s notice. Cons: an extra few pounds in the carry-on luggage.
2. Wool coat. Pros: will be well-covered for the low evening temps predicted. Cons: May simply end up being carried around needlessly when lighter layers could end up being functional.
3. Current socks in progress. Pros: Would force self to work on 2nd sock while travelling and possibly complete same. Cons: Would be way less fun to knit than the waiting Lorna’s Laces yarn which is shiny and pretty and new and has not already spent the last month being lugged around in my handbag.
4. Current sweater in progress. Pros: Could get more done on it and feel virtuous. Cons: Would take away from sock knitting time speculated in #3.
5. Reading material. Pros: Will have inevitable time in airports, transit, and lying around in evening, and could get reading done for either professional or pleasurable purposes. Cons: This is a knitting trip and why am I bothering to pretend I will do anything but knit?
And why yes, I DID spontaneously decide to knit a new pair of Maine Morning Mitts last night which would match my jacket if i decide to do the jacket-layers instead of the wool coat option. Why do you ask? (My packing neuroses are also fairly vain, it would seem.)
This time tomorrow (God willing and if Air Canada doesn’t let me down), I’ll be moments away from landing in New York and the fun will begin. Better get a move on.