As my brain slowly pieces itself back together this week, I find myself in that messy little in-between phase of tidying up after projects now out the door, reckoning with neglected Works-In-Progress, and moving forward with a few new things. And fleetingly I keep trying to remind myself of other bits and pieces that I have to tell you about. So, let’s have a list, because, as my friend Liz likes to say, I heart lists.
1. I’m on the teaching docket twice more at the Purple Purl this coming June. On June 20th I’ll be running my Steeking class again (1 session, 3 hours, plenty of snip-snip practice – with hand-holding and chocolate as needed). I’ll also be running a Knee Socks class on June 27th, (1 session, 2 hours), for anyone who’d like some tips and guidance on how to cover as much of your leg as possible with knitting. Come on out and we’ll have an awesome time.
2. Speaking of socks, I finished some. I knitted about 2/3 of these during my trip to DC in mid-April, then came home and let the second one sit there, foot-less, until I finally picked them up this week. The sock drawer grows by another pair, I love the colour (a mystery shade of Socks That Rock, plucked from a rack of mill ends at Rhinebeck 2008), and they are comfy and purposeful.
3. Michelle at the Sweet Sheep will be selling the Azalea Mitts by kit and by individual pattern, and I’ll let you know asap as soon as the links for those go up in her shop.
3.b. I still really really love the bobbles and sort of want to make another pair of them right away.
4. I am, at the very least, thinking about doing some spinning. I’m pretty sure this almost qualifies as actually doing some spinning, and am therefore duly congratulating myself.
5. When Rebecca visited me last weekend she brought an awesome little giftie:
5.b. The crafter who made it seems to be sold out of the bags, but I think everyone should go see if she has a waiting list to get on to buy more of them, so that she can make lots of money and that more people can have these bags to carry around.
5.c. I am inexplicably indecisive about what project to carry around in it.
6. I discovered that my town’s art gallery shop sells re-prints of the original “Keep Calm and Carry On” posters, in various colours. I bought one in pink.
7. After starting the week out with some hefty knitting ennui, I think I am about to rebound by starting 3 shawls. This should get interesting.
Further bulletins as events occur.